Way more content than the typical beginner course
Over 60 videos!
- Intro to the Swift Programming Language
- Learn Xcode
- Build 2 beginner apps
- Storyboard & Programmatic UI
- SwiftUI Preview
- Slack channel access for help
More than code:
- Discover the world of iOS Development
- Career advice
- How to network as a developer
- Book, Blog, Video & Podcast Recommendations
- My goal -- To make sure your effort and enthusiasm are pointed in the right direction!
- App Overview (2:50)
- Storyboard - User Interface (12:23)
- Storyboard - Outlets, Actions & Rules Screen (20:25)
- Storyboard - Timers, Cards & Logic (17:35)
- Programmatic - Initial Setup (9:29)
- Programmatic - Custom UIButton (8:14)
- Programmatic - UI - Card Selection Screen (18:31)
- Programmatic - UI - Rules Screen (19:35)
- Programmatic - App Logic (9:41)
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn in this course?
This course is meant to be an introduction to the world of iOS Development. You will learn the basics of Swift, Xcode and build beginner apps. Beyond the code we discuss general programming principles, career advice, how to network as a developer as well as recommended future learning.
What skill level is required for this course?
This course is designed for absolute beginners. I set out to create the best introduction to the world of iOS development, which is why we spend a lot of time talking about the overall profession as well as the code. If you're early in your journey to learning iOS development, this is for you.
Why do you focus on UIKit and not SwiftUI?
SwiftUI was announced in the summer of 2019. It is still VERY new and not quite ready for serious production apps. I built this course with the assumption you want to get hired as an iOS developer within the next year or two. UIKit will still be the dominant way of doing things in that time frame. SwiftUI will have it's day, but it will take a while. That said, I have a small SwiftUI preview section in this course and plan on releasing dedicated SwiftUI courses at a later date.
What if I don't find the course valuable?
Within 30 days of purchase there is a 100% money back guarantee. No questions asked. I'm proud of this course and stand by my work. If you don't get value from it, I'm happy to give a full refund.
Hi, I'm Sean
I'm an iOS Engineer with nearly 5 years experience. I've spent most of my career leading client side iOS development for small startups in Silicon Valley.
I've recently shifted my focus to iOS content creation with my YouTube channel that has over 65,000 subscribers in order to help as many aspiring iOS developers as I can.
I'm also exploring the indie developer route with the creation of my own apps and products.
Basketball junkie. Star Wars and Game of Thrones. Feverish learner.