Build your foundation in SwiftUI
*Updated for iOS 15 & iOS 16
- Build 4 apps in SwiftUI that increase in complexity.
- Focus on passing data in SwiftUI - not fancy UI
- Updated for iOS 15 & iOS 16
- Slack channel access for help
- The Basics (12:29)
- City Text (6:51)
- SF Symbols (3:18)
- Main VStack w/ SF Symbol (7:26)
- HStack of Days & Custom Color (13:25)
- Button, Refactoring & Project Organization (17:25)
- @State and @Binding Basics (10:41)
- iOS 15 Update - SF Symbols & @Binding Clarification (10:13)
- iOS 16 Update - New Gradient Modifier (3:29)
- Intro & Project Setup (6:53)
- Grid The Beginning (11:26)
- Grid - The End (11:58)
- Detail View (14:24)
- Connecting Views - MVVM Introduction (19:08)
- Integrating with UIKit - Introduction (12:16)
- Refactor, Project Organization, Convert To List (20:14)
- iOS 15 Update - New Button System (7:32)
- iOS 16 Update - NavigationStack Intro (8:05)
- Intro & TabBar (12:07)
- App Lifecycle Explained (5:05)
- Appetizer Model (12:22)
- AppetizerListView (13:12)
- NetworkManager (17:07)
- Connecting our AppetizerListView to the NetworkManager (14:11)
- Errors & Alerts (14:41)
- LoadingView (11:45)
- Download Image Network Call (10:19)
- Appetizer Remote Image (12:32)
- Halftime Project Organization (4:55)
- AppetizerDetailView UI Setup (19:56)
- AppetizerDetailView Connections (11:18)
- AppetizerDetailView Refactor (10:27)
- AccountView UI Setup (14:31)
- AccountViewModel & Text Validation (15:52)
- @AppStorage - Persisting a Custom Object (17:32)
- Order Screen UI - Swipe to Delete (11:21)
- EmptyState (10:20)
- @EnvironmentObject - Order (17:39)
- iOS 15 Update - Initial Run (8:24)
- iOS 15 Update - TabBar Badge, List Separator, New Button (13:35)
- iOS 15 Update - @FocusState - Keyboard UX Improvements (8:35)
- iOS 15 Update - Async/Await (25:17)
- iOS 15 Update - AsyncImage (6:32)
- iOS 16 Update - Swift 5.7 - Regex, guard let/if let, and spellcheck (13:04)
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn in this course?
This course is meant to be an introduction to SwiftUI. We start off easy and gradually get more difficult over the course of 4 apps. There is a focus on moving data between views with @State, @Binding, @StateObject, @ObservedObject and @EnvironmentObject as I found that to be the trickiest part of learning SwiftUI.
What skill level is required for this course?
This course is designed for those that have some Swift knowledge. I definitely explain the basics of SwiftUI... but not the basics of the Swift Language itself. You don't have to be a Swift expert or anything, but knowledge of Swift basics is assumed for this course. For example, I don't stop to explain variables, arrays, types, structs or anything like that. If you need those basics, check out my beginner Swift course called iOS Dev Launchpad.
How long do I have access to the course videos?
You have access to this course for as long as it exists. It will exist as long as it's reasonable to keep up to date, which I imagine will be a few years.
What if I don't find the course valuable?
Within 30 days of purchase there is a 100% money back guarantee. No questions asked. I'm proud of my courses and stand by my work. If you don't get value from it, I'm happy to give a full refund.
Hi, I'm Sean
I'm an iOS Engineer with over 7 years experience. I've spent most of my career leading client side iOS development for small startups in Silicon Valley.
I've recently shifted my focus to iOS content creation with my YouTube channel that has over 110K subscribers in order to help as many aspiring iOS developers as I can.
I'm also exploring the indie developer route with the creation of my own apps and products.
Basketball junkie. Star Wars and Game of Thrones. Feverish learner.